Valorant agent Chamber is being nerfed once again, but some think the developer may have accidentally buffed the French Sentinel.
Chamber has singlehandedly been wrecking the Valorant meta with his overpowered toolkit. Due to him, other agents have also been feeling out of place. Patch 5.12 finally tackles the issue, but his TP changes have raised eyebrows. The changes have gone live in PBE and will arrive worldwide on December 7.
Riot has unveiled upcoming Chamber nerfs, and besides the Rendevous, the tweaks sound promising.
What are all the Chamber nerfs in Valorant?
Riot has nerfed Chamber’s entire toolkit, including the free Operator and Headhunter that wagged tongues. Here are the nerfs in detail.
- Spread increased after 2nd bullet when spamming. This is meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure.
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range
- Radius increased 15m >>> 26m
- Removed teleport activation height restriction
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting 0.4s >>> 0.7s (doesn’t apply to Headhunter)
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round instead of being placed on a cooldown.
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range
- Can now be recalled mid-round without being in the line of sight
- 30s cooldown on recall
- Destruction remains permanent
Tour De Force (X)
- Fire rate decreased by 57.5%, resulting in a much slower Operator.
On paper, the changes look suitable for an agent running wild on the back of his Operator and Headhunter. Both abilities seem to have taken major hits, hopefully clocking Chamber back into Valorant’s skill level.
However, players are split on Rendevous changes. The agent can still instantly teleport back within an increased range. However, the raised area comes with a larger risk, as he can no longer equip his weapons as quickly.
Whether Riot has accidentally buffed him will become clear when a changed Chamber arrives in Valorant on December 7.