Fortnite Chapter 2 brought a new map, a new weapons list, and even new skins. Now, Fortnite’s Alter Ego challenges allow players to unlock these new skins.
Data miners have uncovered the full list of tasks within Alter Ego, all of which can be completed throughout the current season. Exclusive to Battle Pass owners, Alter Ego missions unlock different skin styles and help players to gain more XP.
There are six skin styles available for players who complete the challenges.
While only 20 Alter Ego challenges are currently available in Fortnite, data miner iFireMonkey has revealed a full listing of the tasks. Many of these will be available later on in Season 1, and some aren’t even able to be accomplished yet as they feature things that are not yet part of the live map.
Fortnite Chapter 2’s Alter Ego challenges
In a tweet, iFireMonkey shared the full list of Alter Ego challenges. Most involve reaching a certain level or completing various amounts of missions. Others require the player to complete a specific task while wearing a certain skin.
- Reach Level 1
- Complete two missions
- Catch a fish wearing the Turk outfit
- Complete three misions
- Summit the highest mountain wearing the Journey outfit
- Reach Level 20
- Complete four missions
- Enter a Slurp vat while wearing a Rippley outfit
- Reach Level 40
- Complete five missions
- Heal a teammate with a Bandage Bazooka while wearing the Remedy outfit
- Reach Level 60
- Comple six missions
- Sink the 8-ball at the giant pool table while wearing the 8-Ball outfit
- Reach Level 80
- Complete seven missions
- Spray billboards while wearing the Cameo outfit
- Collect F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E letters hidden in loading screens
- Search the BackBling hidden in the Week 8 loading screen
- Do the thing wearing the Bane outfit
On Twitter, many Fortnite players are already wondering what “do the thing” entails. It’s possible this will become clearer later in the season.
While developer Epic Games doesn’t seem to ever respond to data miners who leak the information they find within the battle royale’s game files, gamers can risk getting sued if they decide to share what they’ve experienced while playtesting the game. The game developers are currently suing a user experience tester who breached their contract by spilling Chapter 2 secrets soon after Fortnite was “wiped off” the internet.