Pokimane hits Immortal, shares tips on ranking up
Sep 20, 2021
Popular Twitch streamer Imane “Pokimane” Anys has finally hit one of the highest Valorant ranks and she has valuable tips for players stuck in low ELO.
Pokimane has already earned her stripes as one of the top streamers on Twitch, but she’s now dipping her toes in first-person shooter games. The 25-year-old is proving that she’s also an excellent competitive Valorant player with her brand new Immortal rank.
The Twitch streamer took to Twitter to announce that she’s finally achieved a massive milestone in Valorant by becoming an Immortal player. After being stuck in Diamond for three acts, she has now enlisted herself in the rare 0.5% of Immortal Valorant players.
Reaching Immortal in Valorant is no easy feat. As the game gets older, the skill ceiling in ranked games gets higher. While players can easily climb through levels in lower-ranked lobbies with a five-stack, the Diamond journey is enough to test the patience of a saint. Duo queues are extremely tough to get through if the rest of the team refuses to coordinate.
Pokimane was stuck in Diamond for months for the same reason. The streamer recently revealed how she’s hesitant of using her microphone in ranked games due to the fear of being bullied. Many female Valorant players tackle the same issue despite a harsh ban system by Riot Games. However, it seems that she’s overcome her communication problem as it’s one of the top tricks to glide through ranks, according to Pokimane.
How did Pokimane reach Immortal?
The Twitch streamer shared the top tips that helped her break through the Diamond barrier and hit Immortal after three acts. Here are some she shared with fans.
- Aim training: According to Pokimane, aim training is a must, especially if you don’t have an FPS background in gaming.
- Agent variation: Don’t stick to one agent. Master at least three agents to fill up crucial roles in your team.
- Communicate: Make elaborate yet concise calls. Always use your microphone to share intel with your teammates.
- Practice sidearms: Eco-rounds can be game-changers. Practice more on weapons like Sherrif, Shotgun, Classic to pick up bonus rounds.
- Don’t be toxic: Try uplifting your teammates up even they fail to clutch the round. There are higher chances of a comeback in a team with positive energy and high morale.
Apart from that, Pokimane also spends plenty of time playing Kovaak’s, one of many available aim trainers. Try different aim and reaction activities on Aimlabs or Kovaaks to get better at shooting.
Fousey arrested after calling police on livestream
“Are you dumb!?”
Aug 23, 2023
xQc goes on rant after fans criticize gambling stream
Streamer Felix “xQc” Lengyel is back to gambling now that he’s streaming on Kick...
Aug 16, 2023
React-gate drama explained: xQc and Ethan Klein argue over stolen content
Aug 8, 2023