How to defeat The Chimera in Phantom Liberty
Sep 29, 2023
In the opening events of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, the new DLC for Cyberpunk 2077, you end up making your way through a museum filled with old relics. As your ally Songbird tries to help you escape with Rosalind Myers, the President of the New United States of America, or NUSA. To this end, Songbird hops into and begins controlling an enormous combat mech called the Militech Chimera. Unfortunately, Songbird loses control of the droid, and you’re forced to fight it in a huge square chamber with the help of President Myers. Here are our suggestions for how to defeat The Chimera quickly and easily.
How to defeat the Chimera
Phase One: Run For Your Life
When the Chimera goes rogue, you’ll be forced into a slow-paced running scene in which it chases you and Myers down a hallway. Stick to the edge, avoiding the machine gun fire, and make your way to the door that Myers props open for you. Keep going until you reach the elevator past that, continuing to flee from the malfunctioning combat bot.
Phase Two: Survive
The next step of the Chimera boss fight sequence is to just plain old survive until the elevator arrives. Take cover behind pillars and wait for the elevator to arrive. Once it does, you’ll open the door for Myers, who will make it inside before the elevator disappears from sight and you’re stuck alone with the Chimera. At this point, the game is going to go into what is effectively a Quicktime Event. Just be ready to press your Interact button repeatedly to do things like shoot out and catch hold of wires. Once you make it through here, you’ll fall to below, where you’ll meet Myers. You’ll exchange pleasantries, and then the Chimera you thought destroyed will begin to rouse itself, and the true boss fight begins.
Defeat the Chimera
Netrunners, AKA hackers, and Brawn-based characters are going to have the easiest time with this fight. For Netrunners, the Chimera is very susceptible to the Short Circuit and Synapse Burnout Quickhacks. Here are our core pieces of advice for the start of the fight.
- As the Chimera rouses itself, throw grenades directly at its front. While you do this, Netrunners should also Overclock and fill up their Quickhack Queue with several Synapse Burnouts before sprinting up the stairs behind you.
- Unless you need to get into melee to do your damage, stay on this upper level for the rest of the fight.
- The Chimera will only be subject to damage on its weak spots. If you’re a firearm or melee specialist, make absolutely sure you’re hitting these highlighted exposed points and not the bulletproof armor.
- The Chimera will begin fighting you and Myers. For your part, the two parts of the Chimera’s attacks that worry you are its missile barrages and laser rotation. Missile barrages come in two forms: singular heavily explosive missiles fire in sequence or two waves of four less explosive missiles. The solution is the same: once you see those red targeting lasers, start sprinting in a circle around the raised deck.
- The Laser rotation only hits the raised second level that you’ll be spending most of your time on. Myers and V will have voice lines for the laser. All you need to do to avoid the laser is hide with an intact wall between you and the Chimera, jump over it, or drop back down onto the floor with the Chimera.
- If you’re a Body 20 character, there are two heavy turrets on the corners of the raised deck that can be ripped out and used by Body 20 characters. This is the only major advantage that you can get over the Chimera apart from using Quickhacks.
Defeat Chimera Phase 2
There are two small breaks in the Chimera’s health bar. These indicate when new phases of the fight begin. At just under 75% HP, the Chimera will shudder to the ground and slam to the floor. At this point, the Chimera will launch point defense drones as well as repair drones that will add back to its health pool.
- The Repair Drones ALWAYS spawn from the back of the Chimera’s head. This means that the two Repair Drones will always appear on the opposite end from its main guns. As soon as you see it shuddering, sprint around the Chimera to make sure you have a good view of the rear when they spawn.
- There will be guard drones as well as Repair Drones that spawn at the same time.
- The best way to eliminate the Repair Drones is with Quickhacks or gunfire.
- Once both Repair Drones are dead, the Chimera will begin returning to active fighting. Take this time to chip down some of the guard drones, as they can be incredibly annoying to deal with.
- The second phase of the Chimera fight is essentially the same as the first once you’ve dealt with the drones. Keep running laps, taking cover from the laser, and otherwise doing your best to perform guerilla warfare.
Defeat Chimera Phase 3
At the final break in its health, the Chimera will once more shudder to the ground and collapse. This time, Myers will yell at you to jump on top and take it down. Make your way onto the ground floor and jump up onto the Chimera’s back.
You’re looking for a circular hatch that should be highlighted with the Interact prompt. Clicking the Interact prompt will set V about ripping the processing core cover off and then shoving a grenade in, courtesy of Myers. This phase is the simplest: just run on top of the Chimera and blow its robot brain apart.
That’s everything you need to know for how to defeat the Chimera in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Lethal Company Skinwalkers Mod is spooky and hilarious
If you thought the game was scary, wait till you play the Skinwalkers Mod.
Dec 11, 2023