Valorant patch 7.09 nerfs a popular duelist, buffs Cypher
Oct 29, 2023
Leakers have discovered significant nerfs for Valorant’s lively duelist Raze and trick-shot weapon Judge, but Cypher mains will be happy to read the 7.09 PBE patch notes.
With each Act and Episode, Riot makes a point of tweaking gunplay or agent abilities to keep the meta in line with Valorant’s fundamentals. The upcoming Act will add a brand new duelist to the roster, skin bundle Valiant Hero, and roll out notable changes to agents and Judge, according to credible leakers.
According to several Valorant leakers and data miners, Raze and Judge nerfs are on the cards. Meanwhile, Cypher will get long over-due buffs to his Tripwires.
Valorant patch notes 7.09
Raze owns one of the most deadly abilities in Valorant. Her grenades are enough to annihilate an enemy and deal severe damage to multiple others, simultaneously. In patch 7.09, her grenades may become less powerful, not less viable.
- Primary grenade explosion radius 6m >>> 5.5m
- Secondary grenades explosion radius 6m >>> 5.25m
- Primary grenade explosion minimum damage 15 >>> 1
- Secondary grenades explosion minimum damage 15 >>> 1
- Damage multiplier to enemy utility 250% >>> 100%
Besides Raze, Judge will be getting tweaked to suit the current meta as well. Players will be forced to use their bullets wisely in patch 7.09.
- Reduced max mag size from 7 >>> 5
- Increased Jumping spread from 1.25 >>> 2.25
- Increased Running spread from .10 >>> .75
Valorant patch 7.09 also bears glad tidings for Cypher mains who have long been pestering Riot to buff the spy. According to leaks, Cypher is also expected to get some love from Riot, specifically his Tripwires.
- Decreased the time until the trap concusses a captured enemy 3 >>> 1.5 seconds
- After concussing an enemy or an enemy in the trap being killed, the Trapwire (C) no longer destroys itself but instead re-arms after 0.5 seconds, allowing it to ensnare another enemy
- Duration of tag slow when hit by the trap increased 0.75 >>> 2 seconds
40 Valorant tournaments announced across all major regions
More new events announced by the developers.
Aug 12, 2023
New Valorant teaser suggests map 10 could be in LA
Los Angeles could be the next location
Aug 15, 2023