The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has sold over 18 million copies
Aug 4, 2023
It’s no secret that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a successful game, but Nintendo recently revealed some incredible numbers.
According to Nintendo’s first-quarter sales data, Tears of the Kingdom has become the ninth best-selling Nintendo Switch game of all time after selling 18.51 million copies in just two months. Even more incredible, Tears of the Kingdom sold 10 million copies in three days.
But this is probably nowhere near the end of the game’s sales. Breath of the Wild has sold 30.65 million copies at this point. It came out in March 2017.
Best-selling Nintendo Switch games
Tears of the Kingdom was a highly anticipated open-world RPG featuring familiar characters with new abilities and new areas to explore. It’s no surprise that over 10 million copies were sold almost immediately as Nintendo fans clamored over the classic franchise’s latest installment.
But how does it compare to other top-selling Switch games?
These are the Nintendo Switch games with the most units sold:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 55.46 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 42.79 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 31.77 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 30.65 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 26.44 million
- Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield – 25.92 million
- Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet – 22.66 million
- Super Mario Party – 19.39 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 18.51 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 16.17 million
Tears of the Kingdom still has a long way to go if it wants to beat all-time best seller Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Mortal Kombat 1 players don’t like Megan Fox’s voice acting
Not so hot.
Sep 27, 2023