Pokemon Stadium is now available for Nintendo Switch. Here is everything you need to know about the Nintendo 64 classic.
Pokemon Stadium is the first 3D Pokemon game to be released in North America. The game hit the stores in 2000 and quickly became a fan favorite. It is one of the best-selling Nintendo 64 games, with over one million copies sold in less than a year.
Pokemon Stadium is a turn-based battle game, trainers compete in different battles with the goal of becoming the number one Pokemon trainer. Some of the opponents available in the game are the original eight gym leaders from the Kanto region and the Elite Four.
The game also includes minigames and a versus-style battle mode. Players had the option to connect Pokemon Green, Pokemon Red and Blue, and Pokemon Yellow, to access and use their Pokemon.
How to get Pokemon Stadium on Nintendo Switch?
Pokemon Stadium is part of the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack offering. This is an annual membership with multiple advantages, including vintage Nintendo games.
The membership has two tiers. The first tier, simply Nintendo Switch Online, costs $19.99 a year and includes:
- Online Play
- NES games, including Super Mario Bros 3 (1990) and The Legend of Zelda (1986)
- Super Nintendo games, including Super Metroid (1994) and Star Fox (1993)
- Game Boy games, including Wario Land 3 (2000) and soon, Pokemon TCG will be added
- Save Data Cloud
- Nintendo Switch Online App
- Special Offers
The second tier, Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, has a tag price of $49.99 a year and includes everything listed above plus:
- Nintendo 64 games, including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) and GoldenEye 007 (1997)
- Game Boy Advance games, including Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003) and, soon, Fire Emblem.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Happy Home Paradise
- Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
- SEGA Genesis games, including Sonic the Hedgehog 2