How does Waddle Dee Town work in Kirby and the Forgotten Land?
Feb 20, 2022
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a new 3D platformer with open world elements, similar to Mario Odyssey. This has led to gameplay that is expected to be completely different for fans of Kirby the Star Warrior, from maneuver-related abilities that help Kirby explore a mysterious and abandoned world to something as simple as fishing.
Unlike Kirby’s usual platformers, Kirby and the Forgotten Land will feature a home base of sorts known as Waddle Dee Town. But what is Waddle Dee Town, what can Kirby do there, and how does Waddle Dee Town work?
What is Waddle Dee Town in Kirby and the Forgotten Land?
The concept of Waddle Dee Town has been touched upon in the original Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer in September 2021 and again in the newest Nintendo Direct in February 2022.
In the reveal of Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nintendo fans learned that the overall premise of the new game is Kirby landing in a strange abandoned city and rescuing the Waddle Dees that have been captured by enemies. The rescued Waddle Dees are then brought to Waddle Dee Town.
The most recent trailer explained that rescued Waddle Dees will make the town grow, providing more resources for Kirby. The expansive town contains an abundance of buildings, all seeming to represent a different use for Kirby on his journey.
What can you do in Waddle Dee Town?
Waddle Dee Town is a settlement that serves as a hub area and rest stop between explorative trips for Kirby, much like in other open world games. Waddle Dee Town has mini-games, activities, and upgrade opportunities within. Not everything has been revealed about Waddle Dee Town just yet, but here are the things we know Kirby can do here.
- Coliseum: This is where Kirby can fight bosses, getting in some practice. You might even run into Meta Knight.
- Gotcha Machine Alley: A capsule toy machine. Not much else is known about this location yet.
- Fishing hole: Kirby is able to fish along with Waddle Dees in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. It’s not yet clear if this will be a mini-game, a relaxing activity, or something that helps Kirby in his journey by providing new resources or powers.
- Kirby’s house: Kirby has established his own living area in Waddle Dee Town. This is where he can restore HP while resting.
- Theater: Enjoy Kirby cutscenes in this large building.
- Waddle Dee-liveries: This is basically where Kirby and the rescued Waddle Dees receive their mail. You can redeem passwords and amiibo here, earning you special rewards. The amiibos that work in Forgotten Land are still a mystery, as are what they will do in-game.
- Waddle Dee Cafe: This cozy cafe is where Kirby can purchase food or help make food for the Waddle Dee residents. It’s said to be a mini-game but it’s not clear what this entails just yet.
- Waddle Dee Weapons Shop: Upgraded copy abilities can be purchased here, allowing Kirby to equip them for his adventure. These “evolved” copy abilities introduce brand new fighting capabilities and interesting new looks.
- Wise Waddle Dee: This glasses-clad Waddle Dee can be found on a bench in Waddle Dee Town. He not only gives advice but also keeps track of gameplay, memorizing minigame records and gathering copy ability data from around the world. It also seems you can compete in a worldwide leaderboard.
Is Kirby good or evil?
Kirby is listed as a “protagonist” on Nintendo’s website. In Kirby canon, the all-powerful pink being is actually just a baby. He can be seen learning about the world in Kirby Right Back At Ya. But some people wonder if he is truly righteous, or if Kirby just gets upset that his food is taken such as when King Dedede steals his cake.
In some sense, Kirby isn’t strictly good. He isn’t a truly self-righteous character. But Kirby is an overall good being who is even willing to save Waddle Dees after they attempted to fight him over the past 30 years. Kirby is a caring entity who never means any real harm. But it can be argued that he is still learning who he truly is and what he stands for.
Spirittea Diggables Guide: How to find Digging spots?
It’s all for the spirits.
Nov 25, 2023
Baby Shark performance becomes biggest moment at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
“Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!”
Nov 24, 2023
Spirittea publisher apologizes for complaining about paying YouTubers
Mike Rose has apologized for the “It’s so f—ing eugh” comment.
Nov 23, 2023