Elden Ring just got its first major update, giving fans a reason to dive back into the Lands Between. Included in the 1.03 Elden Ring patch are a variety of bug fixes as well as new questline paths for NPCs Nepheli Loux, Kenneth Haight, and more.
Elden Ring update 1.03 is now available on all platforms. The update includes several balance changes and bug fixes, including the infamous Fire’s Deadly Sin deathblight glitch. It also adds a bunch of new content, including expansions to existing questlines and entirely new NPCs. Elden Ring fans will need to update to the latest version in order to take advantage of online play.
Elden Ring patch 1.03 buffs many sorceries, nerfs Hoarfrost Stomp and Mimic Tear
Here are all the major patch notes for Elden Ring version 1.03.
- Added a brand new NPC, Jar-Bairn
- Expanded the questlines of Diallos, Nepheli Loux, Kenneth Haight, and Gatekeeper Gostoc
- Added more summonable NPCs
- Fixed a bug that skipped dialogue while using custom key configurations
- Fixed a bug that broke scaling on some weapons, including not having weapons scale after being strengthened and not having the arcane stat scale properly
- Made it so situations where the player won’t be able to obtain a Talisman Pouch will result in the pouch being sent to the Twin Maiden Husks in Roundtable Hold
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shops and made them droppable from more enemies
- Increased shield’s effectiveness
- Buffed Glintstone Cometshard, Comet, and Night Comet with lower FP costs and higher damage
- Buffed Gravity Well, Collapsing Stars, and Crystal Barrage with increased damage
- Buffed Star Shower, Rock Blaster, Gavel of Haima, Founding Rain of Stars, Stars of Ruin, Greatblade Phalanx, Magic Downpour, Loretta’s Greatbow, Loretta’s Mastery, Carian Greatsword, Carian Piercer, and Shard Spiral with lower FP costs
- Buffed Great Glintstone Shard with faster projectile speed and longer range
- Nerfed Hoarfrost Stomp by increasing cast time and lowering damage.
- Nerfed Sword of Night and Flame’s damage
- Nerfed Mimic Tear Ash by changed the spirit’s behavior and lowering damage
Elden Ring update adds onto Nepheli Loux and Kenneth Haight questlines, fixes PvP glitches
In addition to several much-needed balance changes, the new Elden Ring update patch notes include expansions to several NPC questlines as well as a brand new friend to meet. Kenneth Haight, Nepheli Loux, Diallos, and Gatekeeper Gastoc assumedly all have new dialog and missions for the player.
These NPCs had hidden dialog options in the game that was unearthed by data miners, which related to Kenneth Haight’s recapturing Fort Haight. As it stood, Kenneth Haight suggested that he was looking for a new sovereign for the region after players help him return home, but there was no resolution to this until now.
A brand new NPC called Jar-Bairn has also been added. It’s not yet known if he is just a humble shopkeeper or the source of another alternate ending. In either case, he will most likely shed new information about the mysterious Iron Fist Alexander.
The Elden Ring patch also includes fixes to several annoying glitches affecting PvP. The update also targeted both major Fire’s Deadly Sin glitches. It will no longer inherit weapon buffs like the infamous death-rolling build. Fire’s Deadly Sin will also no longer count as a projectile hitting the player, so the Erdtree Greatshield skill will no longer shoot out lightning-fast projectiles. The changes in the update should make Elden Ring and more interesting and fair part of the game.