Twitch’s competitor Kick has a new “path to verification” that only applies to those who initiated a request after May 15.
Kick is one of the top gaming-centered streaming websites in 2023. Starting off as Twitch’s competitor, Kick now holds its own, providing a space for top streamers who were once Twitch sweethearts. Big names have moved under the green banner, but it seems Kick is now allowing new streamers to create their own legacy through a simple path to verification.
Kick has revealed requirements to gain the checkmark on the website. However, the new method doesn’t apply to requests submitted before May 15.
How to get verified on Kick
Here’s everything you need to do to get verified on Kick:
- Stream for at least 30 hours in the past 30 days
- Stream 12 unique days in the past 30 days
- A minimum average of 75 live concurrent viewers in the past 30 days
- 300 Unique chatters in the past 30 days
- Minimum of 20 active subs in the past 30 days
If your account checks these requirements, you should be in the lane to get verified. However, it’s a manual process, so the verification may take some time. Eager streamers can track their progress in the Kick dashboard under the Achievements section.
If you fulfill the criteria and still don’t get verified, make sure your account is fully registered with 2FA and a contact number. Here are a few things you should check before initiating your verification journey on Kick:
- Your account must have a confirmed phone number
- You must have 2FA enabled on your account
- No username changes in the past 30 days (@handle)
- Your account must have at least three on-channel VODs in the past 30 days
- No TOS violations in the past 30 days- See Kick TOS
For new streamers, getting recognition and verification is pretty straightforward on Kick. But, the platform can also revoke the verification at any time in case of breaking TOS. Kick does have lax rulings, but it doesn’t allow inorganic streams, which include mirror streams, blank streams, and pre-recorded content. Viewbotting is also banned on Kick.