Here’s a complete D&D 5e book list
Apr 10, 2023
The next edition of Dungeons and Dragons may be on its way, but 5e will still be relevant. If you’re looking to get into D&D, here’s a full D&D 5e book list.
While it’s coming to an end, Wizards of the Coast has promised that fifth edition would be ported into One D&D. If you’re wondering which books you should get, or just what any of them are about, look no further.
D&D 5e book list
This list is divided into four categories: Adventures, Core books, Campaign books, and Supplemental rulebooks.
Adventures are pre-made adventures for your party to take part in. Core books are the basic books for running the game, nothing more. Campaign books focus on educating a DM about the lore of a world they might run a game in, and Supplemental rulebooks add additional rules for both DMs and players.
- Player’s Handbook: Contains class rules, character creation, and all the basics for players getting into D&D
- Dungeon Master’s Guide: Contains rules for Dungeon Masters and tools to help DMs create campaigns
- Monster Manual: Contains rules for hundreds upon hundreds of classic D&D monsters and enemies
- Volo’s Guide to Monsters: Introduces new new monsters and new fantasy lineages for players to try out
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything: Focuses on new player options with tons of new subclasses
- Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes: Focuses on extraplanar enemies and allies from D&D’s many exotic planes
- Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything: Adds tons of new character creation options and new subclasses
- Monsters of the Multiverse: Focusing on exactly what the title says, everything about monsters that reside in the many planes outside of D&D’s material plane
- Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons: Focusing on dragons, dragonkind, and the setting of Dragonlance from the classic fantasy novels
- Boo’s Astral Menagerie: Focusing on monsters and fantastical races that reside within the Astral plane
- The Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: Details the basics of the Sword Coast, the most popular setting in Faerun for adventures
- Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica: A spin-off covering the plane of Ravnica from Magic: The Gathering. This book covers the enormous plane-wide city of Ravnica and its 10 guilds
- Acquisitions Incorporated: Based on the popular comedy D&D podcast, this book fleshes out what it’s like working for adventuring company Acquisitions Incorporated
- Eberron: Rising from the Last War: Eberron is a setting coming out of a great magical war and is filled with magical technology and powerful political forces
- Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount: Based off of one of the campaigns from Critical Role, a wildly popular D&D actual play, this campaign book dives into the eastern continent of Wildemount
- Mythic Odysseys of Theros: Another Magic The Gathering setting, Mythic Odysseys of Theros is a Greek myth-inspired setting with gods and heroes to match
- Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft: A campaign setting book detailing the grim dark fantasy of Ravenloft in detail, a realm of dark monsters and secrets
- Astral Adventurer’s Guide: From the same set of books as Boo’s Astral Menagerie, the Astral Adventurer’s Guide covers adventuring in the Astral planes more generally
- Spelljammer: Adventures in Space: This campaign setting is really many settings in one, addressing the star-spanning science-fantasy setting of Spelljammer
- Curse of Strahd: Set in Ravenloft, this adventure sees players try to dethrone its dark vampire master, Strahd Von Zarovitch. For levels 1-10
- Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep: A major adventure set on Critical Role’s continent of Marquet, this adventure takes players from levels 3-12 through seven chapters of adventures
- Dragon of Icespire Peak: Dragon of Icespire Peak is a started adventure that has players go through levels 1-7, defeating a deadly dragon
- Dragons of Stormwreck Isle: A Starter Set adventure meant to set level 1 characters off on a life of adventure.
- Ghosts of Saltmarsh: A sea-themed and underwater series of adventures that takes players from levels 1-12, Ghosts of Saltmarsh will fulfill all your players’ pirate wishes
- Icewind Dale, Rime of the Frostmaiden: An evil goddess of winter has frozen an area of the world in eternal night, and it’s up to your party to stop them. For levels 1-12
- Journeys through the Radiant Citadel. Centered around a great citadel that leads to many planes in the D&D multiverse, this houses 13 adventures that take players through levels 1-14
- Out of the Abyss: Set in the subterranean world of the Underdark, this adventure module takes players through levels 1-15 as they unravel a demonic plot going on below the surface of Faerun
- Princes of the Apocalypse: Centered around an elemental cult with a dangerous scheme, this adventure sees players through levels 1-15 as they foil an increasingly global plot
- Storm King’s Thunder: Something is going on with the Giants all across Faerun, and its up to your heroes to uncover what’s going on and stop an ancient evil that threatens the world. For levels 1-10
- Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen: Set during the famous War of the Lance, this adventure sees your heroes participating in previously-unknown events parallel to the famous adventuring band from the books. This is both an adventure as well as a campaign setting all wrapped up into one neat package
- Lost Mines of Phandelver: A beginning adventure for low-level characters, available for free online
- Tales From the Yawning Portal: This is an adventure anthology that takes players all across Faerun to some of its most famous, and infamous, locales. From the Dreadvault to the infamous Tomb of Horrors, there are plenty of adventure options in this book
- Tomb of Annihilation: Speaking of the Tomb of Horrors, this module sees players delving into dinosaur and undead-infested jungles in order to cure a dastardly curse. It’s a grueling but enjoyable module that takes characters from levels 1-12
- Tyranny of Dragons: Defy the evil goddess Tiamat as she tries to emerge into the material world. This adventure takes players through levels 1-15
- The Wild Beyond The Witchlight: After visiting a strange circus, your adventurers are whisked away into the Feywild for a wacky and whimsical adventure. This is for levels 1-8
- Waterdeep: Dragon Heist: Enjoy a swashbuckling adventure and a stylized heist in the city of Waterdeep as you chase after a long-lost treasure somewhere beneath the city. This covers levels 1-5
- Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Explore Undermountain, one of the Forgotten Realms’ most famous dungeons. With over 20 levels to explore, this megadungeon is the single-largest dungeon in the history of official Dungeons and Dragons modules. This is for levels 5-20
TenZ shares prototype of his secret mouse, apologizes for poor marketing model
There will be refunds.
Nov 29, 2023