Popular streamer Herschel “Dr Disrespect” Beahm IV recently told fans that he will be competing in Call of Duty: Warzone tournaments once again.
The Two-Time was recently blocked from the Toronto Ultra Tournament and its $100,000 prize pool, causing a lot of confusion and frustration for Dr Disrespect and his fan base. It’s most likely due to the fact that the tournament was streamed through Twitch, where Dr Disrespect was recently banned for undisclosed reasons.
The Doc has never confirmed nor denied these suspicions regarding the tournament ban. In the past, Dr Disrespect has worked with Call of Duty’s developers to create maps for Advanced Warfare. The streamer’s history with the series made the tournament ban even more confusing. Dr Disrespect has previously noted that he had a “strained relationship” with Activision due to his Twitch ban.
Dr Disrespect back in Call of Duty: Warzone tournaments
On his March 8 stream, Dr Disrespect told viewers that he will be allowed to compete in Call of Duty: Warzone tournaments going forward. The Doc claimed he was called on his “flip phone” the other day and the issues were resolved. He didn’t explain what the issue was or how exactly it was fixed.
The Doc has been streaming on YouTube to much success. Despite his growing popularity, the ban from Twitch has continued to be an issue for The Doc. He was unable to play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War early on when he wasn’t given a creator code. At that point, Dr Disrespect felt attacked by Activision. Fortunately for his fans, it seems that the Two-Time has made up with the developers and will soon be competing in their tournaments once again.