League of Legends patch 9.16 hits the top picks in pro play
League of Legends Patch 9.16 is loaded and ready to go.
The most recent League of Legends update brings a new look for an old champion and changes in the most popular champions in pro play.
LoL Patch 9.16 champion changes
Patch 9.16 brings the Pantheon rework. The champion got an improved kit and a necessary visual update. The new Pantheon hit the PBE server a couple of weeks ago and now is available for every player.
As previously announced, Corki and Azir are getting nerfed in Patch 9.16.
- Azir: Q - Conquering Sands, cooldown 15/12.5/10/7.5/5 seconds ⇒ 15/13/11/9/7 seconds
- Corki: Base stats, Attack Damage 60 ⇒ 55, Attack Damage Growth 3 ⇒ 2.5
The changes are not enough to get them entirely out of the meta in the professional stage. However, the priority could go significantly down.
Ezreal also received some nerfs.
- Ezreal: Q - Mystic Shot, ratio 0.3 ability power ⇒ 0.15 ability power. E - Arcane Shift, cooldown 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 seconds ⇒ 25/22/19/16/13 seconds
In professional play, the bot laners are migrating towards other picks like Caitlyn and Varus. Tahm Kench also received a nerf, so the safe duo with Ezreal is most likely losing priority.
Sivir was also hit in Patch 9.16.
- Sivir: W – Ricochet, ratio 50/55/60/65/70% attack damage ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70% attack damage
Sivir is losing strength in her early levels, She was already a scaling champion, and now it will take longer for her to reach her strongest point in the game. Sivir is often partnered up with Yuumi, who got her own nerf in this patch.
- Yuumi: Q - Prowling Projectile, empowered damage 50/95/140/185/230/275 ⇒ 50/85/120/155/190/225, slow 40/48/56/64/72/80% ⇒ 20/32/44/56/68/80%, slow duration 1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65/1.75 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds, cooldown 11/10/9/8/7/6 seconds ⇒ 13.5/12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds.
The last nerf for Yuumi wasn't enough. The magical cat is one of the most played champions in the professional scene, but patch 9.16 could mean the end of Yuumi’s professional career.
Patch 9.16 brings some special buffs for Lux and Dr. Mundo.
- Lux: W - Prismatic Barrier, shield 50/65/80/95/110 ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150, max shield 100/130/160/190/220 ⇒ 100/150/200/250/300
Lux’s W received a major modification in Patch 9.14 that threw her out of the meta. In patch 9.16, Lux is getting back some of the power on her shield and possibly a second chance on the professional stage.
- Dr. Mundo: W - Burning Agony, tenacity 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 30% at all ranks. E – Masochism, cooldown 6 seconds ⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds.
Back in Season 8, Dr. Mundo was the unkillable top laner that dominated the late game. Several updates and changes later, the madman of Zaun is getting a well-deserved buff.
Rune changes in Patch 9.16
The Inspiration tree will change in Patch 9.16, specifically the Biscuit Delivery.
- Biscuits Delivered 4 ⇒ 3
- Delivery Interval 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00 ⇒ 2:00, 4:00, 6:00
- Health Per Biscuit 15% of missing health ⇒ 10% of missing health
- Health Per Biscuit (manaless champions) 20% of missing health ⇒ 12% of missing health
- Mana Per Biscuit 15% of missing mana ⇒ 10% of missing mana
- Healing Duration 15 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Permanent Maximum Mana Increase 40 mana per biscuit consumption ⇒ 50 mana per biscuit consumption
You can read the complete patch notes on the official League of Legends website.
Visual Stories around the web
TFT patch 10.4 reimagines Glacial units, nerfs Crystal and Poison
LoL Patch 9.22 adds Senna, True Damage skins, nerfs power picks
TFT patch 9.17 reworks Assassin trait and adds Pantheon
LoL patch 9.17 brings major changes to Kayle and Aurelion Sol
LoL Patch 9.15 brings buffs, PROJECT skins, and a legacy cursor scare
2019 LCS Summer MVP finalists revealed, Liquid dominates
Riot developer proposes big ability changes for jungler Ivern
Clutch Gaming LirA says confidence will take Clutch to Worlds
Team Liquid pick Clutch Gaming for LCS Summer semifinals
Counter Logic Gaming destroys OpTic Gaming in 2019 LCS Summer Playoffs
League of Legends players in Southeast Asia lash out at Garena
Hanwha Life Esports upset SK Telecom T1 in LCK Summer Split
Cody Sun says Clutch Gaming can beat Team Liquid in semifinals
Clutch Gaming defeat TSM in LCS Summer Playoffs, advance to semifinals
2019 LCS Summer Split All-Pro Team dominated by Team Liquid
G2 Esports approaches LEC playoffs bye after victory over Rogue
Cloud9 forms Teamfight Tactics team with former HotS players
TSM to start academy jungler Spica in LCS summer playoffs
Honda becomes the exclusive automobile partner of the LCS