Valorant patch 6.04 fixes bugs and introduces Gekko
Mar 7, 2023
Valorant patch 6.04 is here, bringing Gekko, Oni 2.0, rank reset, and bug fixes.
Time is flying for Valorant players. We just got Harbor, and Riot is already rolling out the sixth initiator, Gekko. Patch 6.04 marks the entrance of agent 22 Gekko, along with minor bug fixes. Players should look forward to a drastic meta-shift because Gekko seems like trouble.
Gekko enters Valorant
Valorant agent 22 is officially stepping into his initiator role with cute friends. Moshpit, Dizzy, and Wingman are all set to cause carnage. But don’t be fooled by their appearance; Gekko’s friends are dangerous and deadly.
So far, no single initiator in Valorant can do what Gekko can. However, the green-haired agent can also plant the Spike and defuse it, a mechanic with the potential of completely transforming the Valorant meta. Gekko’s little penguin can go to the bomb site from far away. All he needs is a little security.
Oni 2.0 is finally available in Valorant
Oni is one of the best Valorant bundles. Players have long been asking for a sequel, and Riot has finally listened. Valorant patch 6.04 will bring back the traditional bundle, only this time. It’s much better. Oni 2.0 features a cut-throat katana that is different and unique.
The only thing players are upset about is that Oni 2.0 Katana will be priced at 5,350 Valorant points, which is a lot for a melee. But skin collectors won’t blink twice before adding their card details and copping the sought-after Katana.
Here are some other updates in Valorant patch 6.04
- Updated thread synchronization to reduce input latency
- Input latency has been improved by ~1 frame for players who meet all of the following criteria:
- They do not have NVIDIA Reflex/AMD Anti-Lag available/enabled
- They have multithreaded rendering enabled
- They use VSYNC
- Fixed bug where if Sage’s Barrier Orb was damaged while fortifying, it would fortify to full health instead of going to max health minus the damage that was dealt during fortification
- Fixed a bug where abilities, like Sova Drone that are pushed by the Lotus doors into other players, could continue to push players even after the door stops or the players exited the area of the doors.
40 Valorant tournaments announced across all major regions
More new events announced by the developers.
Aug 12, 2023
New Valorant teaser suggests map 10 could be in LA
Los Angeles could be the next location
Aug 15, 2023