League of Legends patch 9.17 is introducing new skins and some significant changes to multiple champions.
Patch 9.17 is scheduled to go live on August 28. The recent update brings big changes to Aurelion Sol, Kayle, and others. The update also includes a new set of skins.
Champion changes in Patch 9.17
Kayle and Aurelion Sol received the biggest changes in Patch 9.17.
The changes for Aurelion Sol are not a direct buff nor a nerf, as the champion is now vulnerable in the early levels and has decent scaling. Patch 9.17 is keeping the balance steady for The Star Forger, as cooldowns go up but mana costs goes down. This might be the boost that Aurelion Sol needs, as in Patch 9.16 the pick rate for the champion was 0.9%, one of the lowest in the game.
- Passive – Center of the Universe, damage decreased, AP ratio flat (0.25).
- Q – Starsurge, cooldown 10 seconds ⇒ 11/10/9/8/7 seconds, movement speed 10% ⇒ 20%.
- W – Celestial Expansion, cooldown 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds ⇒ 8/6.5/5/3.5/2 seconds, mana 40 mana + 22/24/26/28/30 mana per second it’s activated ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110 mana on cast.
- E – Comet of legend, range 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 ⇒ 5500/6000/6500/7000/7500, cooldown 60/55/50/45/40 seconds ⇒ 80/75/70/65/60 seconds, speed 600 ⇒ 600/650/700/750/800.
Kayle’s rework turned her into a juggernaut in the late game. This champion had the ability to change the game once she reached level 11, but before that she was a liability for her team. The recent changes decrease her power in the late game in exchange for some more power in the lower levels.
- Passive – Divine Ascent, form level order Kayle ascends to her aflame form at level 6 and arisen form at level 11 ⇒ arisen form at level 6 and aflame form at level 11. Zealous bonus movement speed 15% when exalted and moving toward enemies ⇒ 8% when exalted in all directions. Zealous stack sources basic attacks against non-structures ⇒ all basic attacks. Arisen attack range 550 ⇒ 525
- Q – Radiant Blast, now refunds 50% of the ability’s mana for each champion hit with it. CAST DELAY 0.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds. Cast time attack speed timer ⇒ 0.25 seconds. Missile speed 2000 ⇒ 1600. range 950 ⇒ 900. Resistances reduction 20% of the target’s armor and magic resistance for 3 seconds ⇒ 15% of the target’s armor and magic resistance for 4 seconds.
- E – Starfire Spellblade, bonus magic damage 8/10/12/14/16% (+1% per 100 ability power) of the target’s missing health ⇒ 8/9/10/11/12% (+1% per 50 ability power) of the target’s missing health. On-hit ratio 0.1 total attack damage and 0.2 ability power ⇒ 0.1 bonus attack damage and 0.25 ability power
- R – Divine Judgment, cost 100 mana ⇒ 100/50/0 mana. AOE radius 475 ⇒ 500.
Leona, Lucian, Neeko, and Qiyana will also get changes in Patch 9.17. These are champions that are seeing some action on the professional stage.
- Leona: Q – Shield of Daybreak, cooldown 6 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Lucian: Base Stats, ATTACK DAMAGE 61 ⇒ 64
- Neeko: Passive – Inherent Glamour, Neeko can select herself to deactivate her disguise
- Qiyana: E – Audacity, base damage 70/105/140/175/210 ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200. R – Supreme Display of Talent, cooldown 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 120 seconds at all ranks.
These changes will not knock these champions off the meta, and are simple adjustments.
The new and improved Pantheon went live with Patch 9.16, and now the champion is getting modifications to make him better in the jungle. The damage reduction against epic monsters was removed.
- Pantheon: Q – Comet Spear, Thrusting Pantheon’s spear (releasing the ability within 0.35 seconds) now also increases the physical damage on targets below 25% of their maximum health (matching a fully hurled spear’s bonus damage).
Elderwood and Infernal skins
Patch 9.17 adds three new skins to the Elderwood line: Ahri, Veigar, and Nocturne. These three champions are getting nature-theme skins. These are the first Elderwood skins released in three years.
Varus, Galio, and Shen are getting a set of fiery-looking infernal skins. Each skin goes for 1,350 RP and will be available on August 29.
Other changes in Patch 9.17
The final change in Patch 9.17 is the number of free-to-play champions available every week. In this update, players will be able to choose between 15 free-to-play characters. This comes as the total number of champions in League of Legends continues to increase following the latest champion released, Qiyana.
The full patch notes are available on League of Legends official website.