Lies of P players torn after Patch 1.2 made it easier
Sep 28, 2023
Lies of P is known for being wicked hard but the latest patch is hoping to make the game a bit more manageable.
Lies of P is a souls-like game that has a dark and eerie vibe and extremely difficult bosses, similar to Dark Souls and the like. While a lot of gamers like to have a challenge, Lies of P was proving too much for the average player.
In response to ongoing concerns from the gaming community, developer Neowiz has made some changes in Patch 1.2.
Lies of P Patch 1.2 makes boss fights easier
Did you previously give up on Lies of P? The last update may have you going back to give it another try.
According to the latest patch notes, several bigger baddies have had their health reduced, including Simon Manus, Arm of God, Fallen Archbishop Andreus, and King of Puppets.
Another big change is that some bosses deal less damage to you when hit. You also have an increased chance of breaking some enemies’ stances and causing them to stagger.
The changes have been met with overall applause from the gaming community, who enjoy having buffed capacity and better chances at dropping baddies. But others feel frustrated that they didn’t finish the game before the patch notes dropped, claiming they didn’t need the game to be easier.
Lies of P Patch 1.2 full notes
- Balance ChangesField Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
- Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
- Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade”
- Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
- System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree’
- Characters created after this patch will now receive eight Gold Coin Fruits instead of five for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Additional Changes
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
- New Features
- Now supports the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly.
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)