How to find Diallos’ location and finish his Elden Ring questline
Mar 22, 2022
Diallos is one of the more complicated characters in Elden Ring, and players have the chance to see his story through.
Diallos was one of several NPCs to receive expanded questlines in Elden Ring’s massive 1.03 patch. While he disappeared without explanation in the base version of the game, 1.03 updated the game to give his questline a second half. This comes in the form of a redemption arc for one of the game’s least-likable characters, but as FromSoftware fans know, there’s no such thing as a happy ending for a character.
Diallos’ questline requires players to work with newly added NPC Jar-Bairn in the city of Jarburg. The young warrior jar-in-training helps Diallos get back on his feet where he previously just disappeared in Elden Ring.
Here’s how to get through his questline and what it ultimately rewards the player.
How to finish Diallos’ questline in Elden Ring
Finishing Diallos’ questline requires the player to complete a variety of objectives across several regions in the game. Here’s how to do it:
- Speak with Diallos in Roundtable Hold until he discusses finding his servant, Lanya
- Find Lanya in Liurnia of the Lakes in the area surrounding Raya Lucaria Academy
- Speak with Diallos again in Roundtable Hold until he discusses visiting Volcano Manor
- Join Volcano Manor, find Diallos in the building, and speak with him
- Complete missions for Volcano Manor’s residents until Diallos disappears, or defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy
- Find Jarburg and speak with Jar-Bairn
- Reload the area and keep talking to Jar-Bairn until Diallos appears
- After Diallos arrives in Jarburg, talk to both Diallos and Jar-Bairn, reload the area, then repeat until new dialog ceases
- Advance in the story and return to Jarburg until Jar-Bairn and Diallos have moved
- Speak with them, reload, then speak with Jar-Bairn again
- Find Diallos’ whip and mask on the ground
Diallos’ questline doesn’t require much beyond speaking to him and playing the game. The only thing that requires effort beyond talking with him is finding the location of his servant, Lanya. She is found in Liurnia, almost directly north of the Academy Gate Town Site of Grace.
After, the player can find him in Volcano Manor. There aren’t any extra steps to take with advancing Diallos’ questline here. Players just need to progress through Volcano Manor or defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy. Either way, Diallos will disappear from Volcano Manor before reemerging in Jarburg.
Jarburg is found by riding south from the Artist’s Shack in Liurnia, then jumping off a cliff down a series of platforms directly south of Carian Study Hall. Players cannot reach it in any other way, despite the map suggesting that a road leads directly to it.
Diallos won’t be available in Jarburg instantly. The player will have to talk with Jar-Bairn, reload, and repeat the process until Jar-Bairn discusses Diallos’ arrival. After Diallos arrives, it takes a little while for the questline to progress. It’s unclear what triggers that progression, whether it’s time, beating bosses, or something else.
Warning: Spoilers ahead for the end of Diallos’ questline
Either way, the player will eventually return to Jarburg and find the population of living jars devastated. Jar-Bairn survives but all the other jars were seemingly killed or taken. Diallos is found dying in the middle of the village. The player can once again start talking to Diallos and Jar-Bairn then reloading the area to progress forward.
It’s implied that Jar-Bairn stuffs Diallos’ remains inside himself, leaving behind Hoslow’s Petal Whip, Diallos’s Mask, and a Numen’s Rune behind. This isn’t the end of Jar-Bairns quest, but the tale of Diallos ends here.
Spirittea Diggables Guide: How to find Digging spots?
It’s all for the spirits.
Nov 25, 2023
Baby Shark performance becomes biggest moment at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
“Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!”
Nov 24, 2023