Crypto joins Apex Legends Mobile with tweaked abilities, new perks
Aug 21, 2022
Crypto hasn’t been the most exciting character in Apex Legends for some players, but the intel-gathering legend is looking to make a bigger impact in Apex Legends Mobile.
Apex Mobile’s newest season, Hyperbeat, is coming soon and is introducing Crypto to the game’s roster. Known for his drone, Crypto was introduced to Apex Legends in Season 4 but hasn’t seen much use since. Crypto is often viewed as a sitting duck since he has to remain still while his drone is roaming around. But Apex Legends players are speculating that Crypto will have better luck in Apex Legends Mobile thanks to the game’s perk system.
Crypto getting changes to kit for Apex Mobile
Apex Legends Mobile developers have laid out everything players need to know about Crypto’s kit in Apex Mobile in an official blog post. Developers noted in the blog post that there are some changes coming to Crypto that PC players will be jealous of. Crypto’s drone will automatically track nearby enemies for a duration of time in the mobile game.
Crypto’s drone ability has seen some upgrades since Apex Mobile is a third-person game that is a bit tougher to control. Crypto players on mobile will benefit from having a drone that does some of the work for them. But the more predictable patterns will allow enemies to destroy the drone a lot faster.
Here are Crypto’s abilities in Apex Mobile:
Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies and disables traps.
Crypto perks will make legend powerful in Apex Mobile
The real improvement to Crypto comes with his new perks. Every legend in Apex Mobile has a perk system, including Crypto. Developers have revealed the perks in their latest updates, leaving fans excited to give the intel-gathering legend a shot.
- Self Destruct – The drone self destructs for three seconds when destroyed, dealing damage and slowing down enemies within a small radius.
- Hidden User – While in drone-view, Crypto becomes semi-transparent.
- System Scan – Crypto’s drone can reveal an enemy’s HP and armor after three seconds of scanning
- Shut Down – Crypto’s EMP deals damage to enemies. At low levels, it won’t kill them and will leave them with 1 HP.
- Lag Bomb – The drone launches a deployable bomb.
- Salvage Operation – Crypto can use loot items with his drone.
- Battle Adaption – When you perform a finisher, it adds 100 points to Crypto’s Evo-Shield.
- Restart – Alternatively, using a finisher can reset the drone’s HP while adding 30% EMP cooldown.
- Interrogator – A successful finisher will reveal the location of the victim’s teammates on your map.
Hyperbeat is dropping in Apex Mobile on August 23 at 5 PM PST.
TenZ shares prototype of his secret mouse, apologizes for poor marketing model
There will be refunds.
Nov 29, 2023
Skyrim player kills every possible character and animal, breaks bounty record
This is the largest bounty ever.
Nov 28, 2023
There’s something much worse than a mimic in Lethal Company
Scared to pick up that gold bar?
Nov 28, 2023