Carpe, Alarm headline list of 2020 Overwatch League MVP candidates
The battle for the title of Overwatch League MVP kicked off today with the League releasing the list of nominees.
10 candidates were chosen for the MVP award. The winner will take home a trophy, a patch on their jersey, and a $100,000 cash reward. Although it hasn’t been explicitly stated, MVP recipients for the past two seasons have also had a special skin added into the game in their honor.
The candidates for the 2020 season’s MVP award are as follows:
- Kim “Alarm” Kyeong-bo, flex support, Philadelphia Fusion
- Lee “Carpe” Jae-hyeok, DPS, Philadelphia Fusion
- Choi “Choihyobin” Hyo-bin, off-tank, San Francisco Shock
- Nam “Cr0ng” Ki-cheol, off-tank, Guangzhou Charge
- Ou “Eileen” Yiliang, off-tank, Guangzhou Charge
- Kim “Fleta” Byung-sun, DPS, Shanghai Dragons
- Park “Viol2t” Min-ki, flex support, San Francisco Shock
- Kang “Void” Jun-woo, off-tank, Shanghai Dragons
- Jung “Xzi” Ki-hyo, DPS, Paris Eternal
- Kim “Yaki” Jun-gi, DPS, Florida Mayhem
The votes will be collected from fans both on Twitter and the Overwatch League website. Fans can vote on Twitter by using the hashtag #OWLMVP and the name of their nominated player.
Fan vote counts for 25% of the total. The other 75% will be determined with input from a number of experts in the Overwatch League including general managers, staff, broadcast talent, and media.
Players hunting for MVP status still have a chance to impress fans in the Countdown Cup. The leader will be shown on the Overwatch League website, alongside the number of votes they have received.
Voting will be open from August 7 to 28 and the winner will be announced during a postseason broadcast on September 13. Other awards up for grabs this year are Rookie of the Year, Role Stars, the Dennis Hawelka Award, Grand Finals MVP, and new this year is an award for Coach of the Year.
2020 Overwatch League MVP Award goes to Shanghai Dragons' Fleta
Overwatch League All-Star event voting is now open for fans
Fanatics reveal most popular Overwatch League jerseys for Stage 1
Vancouver Titans complete new OWL team brandings
JJonak wins OWL MVP award
Does Surefour deserve more recognition in the Overwatch League?
HarryHook released from Dallas Fuel for sexist comments
Babybay joins FaZe Clan's Valorant roster, leaves Overwatch behind
Decay and Aero leave Dallas Fuel in major roster shakeup
Overwatch Summer Games 2020 event dates, first skin revealed
Outlaws' Rawkus leaves Overwatch League to pursue Valorant career
Big nerfs to Overwatch's double barrier meta teased in Jeff Kaplan AMA
Overwatch experimenting with major changes to assault game mode
Babybay retires from Overwatch, leading to Valorant speculation
Activision Blizzard talking with OWL, CDL teams about financial relief
Blizzard silently replaces McCree's noose spray with a horseshoe
Overwatch League announces 2020 postseason and playoff plans
Krystal facing $2 million lawsuit from Spark after signing with Charge
Overwatch music event and new Sigma skin are coming soon